THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 11, 2009

Time Vs. Priorities

There is a phrase I use rather indiscriminately. I use it when its true but more often when it's not. I use it more for a cop out than to use it to tell someone legitimate information about my day. I suspect I am not alone. The phrase? "I don't have time".

There are those that truly don't have time. There are women who work full time at a job and go home to their 2nd job as wife and/or mother. There are those that are working more than one job to make ends meet and even some that work multiple jobs and then go to school to further their education.

I am none of those. I am single with no kids and two jobs but one is weekends only and the hours are sporatic. Essentially, my time and money is all my own. What I realized in my ephiany is that my problem isn't with time itself but with priorities. When I say "I don't have time" what I really should be saying is "I don't want to make time". I have time to excersise but rather be online. I have time to volunteer but rather be at the beach. For me it isn't about finding the time, but choosing how to fill the abundance of time I have.

Some of you reading this today are probably thinking "ah ha! That's why I don't hear from her" or "Sheesh...that's why she flaked on me last weekend". Absolutely! It's because I may have not made the best choice in how to fill time. This is why I am using this public forum to declare my attempt to make better choices starting with time verses priority. There are volunteer opportunities and chances to reconnect with those I love that I am missing out on. I just hope TiVo will remember me when I come back to reconnect with him (Yes....my TiVo is a him....so was Samantha's on "Sex And The City"....my name is Cyndie and I am a TV Addict..but that's another blog for later).

I may be blessed with time but we are all blessed with having free will and the ability to choose. How will you choose to spend your time today? I am going to the gym....right after I finish last weeks "24"! What can I say, change is a work in progress!

:)

1 comments:

Shannon said...

So true lady...and good for you. And it is amazing what can get done when you turn off the TV. And btw - you're worth it. Love you!