THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Party Like A Rock Star...Sort Of!

I was waiting for the tweet to come. I knew it would eventually. As past performance is a good indicator for the future, I just knew he would eventually do this. The communication vessel used to be MySpace but that was a couple of years ago. Twitter is the new and immediate way to communicate. And so there it was at 9:55: "I'm hitting up the Hotel Cafe around 11". Who was the tweeter? John Mayer! The event: a club gig at the Hotel Cafe! The reason: to try out the new material he is working on before it is committed to vynal.

This posed a dilema. A dilema, you ask? What delema? John Mayer....Hollywood...tiny club...20 mins away....where is the dilema? Seeing John's hot self in a local club sounds great had I not been AT WORK!! He is tweeting about clubbing at 11 and I work until midnight! ARRGH! However, when I stepped back and thought about it I reminded myself of one true and constant fact: musicians work on their own unique time frame. So if he is tweeting about playing around 11, in rocker time that means around midnight! Will he still be playing when I get there? Will I be able to get in? Am I too old to even think about clubbing on a weeknight, even if it is for the hot, boytoy rocker?

I pondered those questions while hauling ass down the freeway at about 80, eyes constantly moving and scanning for those fine men in blue! I got the answers to the questions after I arrived the club at about 12:20. Yes, he would be playing for about another 10 minutes but no, I wouldn't be able to get in! DAMN!!! As I was pondering my next question, should I stay or should I go, I was blinded by flashbulbs suddenly going off and looked up in time to see John walk by me and towards his car that was parked nearby. In my mind he winked at me, but in reality it was mostly likely because of the 15 or so paprazzi flashes going off in his face! How do celebs manage? That is crazy!! In fact if this pic was a few inches to the left, I would be in it looking like Bambi in headlights:




So I head home, lighter in the wallet because of parking and a few gallons shorter on gas. But no regrets! I am glad to see this ole gal of 43 can still party on a work night...or at least make the attempt!

1 comments:

Selena said...

Oh to be young and free and able to just go to Hollywood on a whim and a tank of gas. Hmmmm, is that the makings of song lyrics right there???