THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 25, 2009

Freedom and Gratitude

What Freedom Means To Me:

--It means being able to have enough time off to go where I want, when I want
--It means being able to move about the world unimpeded
--it means being able go say what I want
--It means being able to use my Blackberry to communicate without being held back by wires, walls or censorship

These are just a few of the things that I enjoy about living in a country where I am free. Free to go, say and do what I want. Being an American means that I have the luxury of freedom that is not afforded to citizens of every country. I feel that being born here is a blessing and one that doesn't come without a price.

That price is being paid by others than myself. It is a price paid by the men and women who have fought for this country since the day it was formed. It is a price paid by every parent who sent a child or loved one into a war only to not see them return. It is a price paid by every veteran who has come home a changed person from before they left.

I am so grateful for those who for centuries have felt the call to serve this wonderful country and answer that call to commit to something that is bigger than all of us. Today is a day where we pause to reflect, remember, say thank you. If you know a Veteran personally, say thank you, give them a hug. If you don't know any personally, say thanks in a prayer or moment of silent gratitude. They deserve it.

1 comments:

Selena said...

Both Robert and I read your post today and thought it was a wonderful tribute to our veterans on Memorial Day 2009.

To quote Robert, "It was a nice one." That's high praise from my hubby!

Selena :-)