THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Is It A Conspiracy Or Temporary Delay?

At first I thought God is working in my life because for the last couple of days I have been totally thinking of working on my online dating profile. I truly think I am ready to get out there because I am excited about getting online, eager to find someone fun to do things with, thrilled to think about sitting with someone of the opposite sex, laughing and sharing ideas, looking forward to great blog material and to maybe become the next Carrie Bradshaw.

This morning someone other than a devine being was at work against me. The brakes were temporarily put on my attempts to find ...I was going to say find "the perfect man" but since he doesn't exist I will use the generic find "someone". But I digress. Here I am at Panera Bakery on a lazy Sunday morning. I am sitting in my favorite booth, laptop plugged in, coffee in hand and I am ready to pimp my profile and get started. See, its already hot at home and I also work better where there are no distractions. The perfect atmosphere to get started, fix my profile and chat a bit. Guess what? The website is blocked! Apprarently Panera doesn't want to take a chance that you will be doing anything imoral or illegal so some websites are blocked. Great!

Normally I would welcome this delay in something I have been afraid to do. I would take this as a sign that I am headed down the wrong path and continue on doing what I am doing. But to borrow from Dr Phil, "what about this is working for you". The answer to that question in my case is nothing. Nothing about staying at home with the dogs is working for me. I am learning that you have to get out of the fear and see what you truly want.

I have full faith in God and that He doesn't want me to spend the rest of my life with my dogs, as wonderfully loving as they may be. Instead of being relived I can't access the dating site I am actually disappointed! I am disappointed I won't be finding interesting and funny men from all walks of life but comforted to know it's just a temporary delay. I will be home later this evening, on line, chatting and working on my profile, I promise! I can't wait!

0 comments: