THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Love LA!!

I have been searching for a background for my blog for a week or so. I wanted something that said something about me. I tried argyle print....too girly. Paw prints spoke to my love of dogs but that is only a small part of who I am. Then today I finally found the background that I feel speaks to exactly who I am.

The picture in the background of my blog is not a picture of any city. It is a place where dreams are made, where the sun shines aproximately 360 days a year, where you can ski in the morning and surf at night. It is the heart of the entertainment industry and the heart of the automobile culture. It is the center of pop culture.

I am a rare breed, the native Angeleno. I am, in fact, an original "Valley Girl". Its true and a fact I am proud of! However, Angelenos are up against the LA stereotype. When you tell people you are from LA they immediately get a read on who you are: Superficial, flakey, rich, blond! People from other places use what they see in entertainment as a reference as to what Angelenos must be like. I got news for you. We aren't anymore like the kids on "90210" than all New Yorkers are like their counterparts on "Gossip Girl". We aren't all blond, rich and thin and all New Yorkers don't live on the Upper Westside and send emails about their "frienamies" to a gossip website. Imagine me, a overweight, short brunette driving a 15 year old Ford being a LA native! I told you, here in LA anything is possible!

LA is a place like no other place on earth. The great weather lends to good moods, the entertainment industry lends to the belif that anything can happen. The diversity leads to hope for a better world. Sure we have our crosses to bear for living in paradise: traffic is a bitch as is not being able to get anywhere in less than an hour. But when you live in a place millions dream of living in, it's a small price to pay!

La La Land...City of Angels...The Southland...LA...Los Angeles. The place in the background of this blog is known by many names. The name I like best is home. LA is more than just a place to live or even a place to be from. It is one of those rare places that sneaks in and becomes part of the fiber of your being. I won't live anywhere else. Why would I would I when I live in Paradise?

0 comments: